Ads

.

Pages

Sunday 18 May 2014

Tabata offer fun ways to keep moving and keep in shape

Tabata can work for everyone, with some adaptations:

Extract:
“I’m a 53 year old mom and love Tabata training because it is time sensitive and very efficient, however, I need to make modifications based on my fitness and health level,” she said. “For example, instead of doing burpees with knee tuck jumps, I’ll do a burpee modification with alternating knee lifts. I still get the physical challenge, but at my own level. Tabata training, however, is not for everyone. Newbies to exercise should heed caution, as this type of training requires the intensity to be extremely challenging which could put a new exerciser at risk for injury. Even for the experienced exerciser, if you’re not used to participating in higher impact activities such as jumping or bounding, you may need to work your way up to the type of intensity and durations that Tabata training requires. Finally, Tabata training needs a complete warm up and cool down period to allow your body the time it needs to prepare and then recover.”


Full article : link



No comments:

Post a Comment